9 Facts about Reiki
By The DAHLC
December 29, 2015
We wanted to share with you 9 facts about Reiki and how this form of relaxation is used throughout the world. Reiki is alternative therapy that uses gentle touch to help relax enabling the body systems to move into a state of balance and harmony.
- At a research study on the effects of Reiki done at Hartford Hospital:
- 86% of patients reported improved sleep
- 78% of patients reported reduced pain
- 80% of patients reported reduced nausea
- 94% of pregnant women reported reduced anxiety during pregnancy
- Over 800 hospitals incorporate Reiki into their roster of patient services
- They often use their own Reiki-trained physicians, nurses and support staff.
- Mayo Clinic volunteer services offers Reiki for both hospital and clinic patients.
- Patients are assessed for pain, nausea, anxiety, before and after receiving a Reiki session.
- Reiki is offered in the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center as a experiential educational experience.
For the full article click here